Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Alicia paints a house in sub-zero temps!



     I was commissioned to paint this house-portrait in Dec. '08, for a family moving to California. Although the original photo had no snow on the ground, I added plenty of it to give the house a cozy, "winter-in-Minnesota" feel. 
     Will the family look back upon their Minnesota-winters with a chuckle or with a sense of longing for hours of playing in snow forts and sledding down icy slopes? Winters are long in Minnesota but a long day of playing in the snow is always rewarded with a delicious cup of hot chocolate.
     If you would like to commemorate your abode, please email me at: www.alicia@aliciaschwab-online.com.

5 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

It is lovely!
I would love some hot chocolate, thank you!

Amy Cerny Vasterling said...

Nice looking house if I do say so myself! Do you have any tea per chance?

Christina E. Rodriguez said...

Yes! I finally found your blog!

I love the colors and the light on the snow. Houses are so hard to paint, but you make it look easy!

Adventures in Mother Venture said...

Lovely...have you done many houses?

Would you consider another project:

www.henningville.net

Jan said...

ok, now I have two paintings on hold! Is my other one still on hold?? Send me an invoice... I'll pick um up next time I'm in town. :-) And I'm serious too!